Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Suddenly enjoying sparseness in letters

Photo credits: Supermerlion.com

JIXBOX/Sampe Sale


Correct me if I'm wrong, but extended amounts of kerning makes everything look slightly more Asian-y. I think the resemblance comes from when Chinese characters are put side by side in a sentence. Each word looks like a block to me, and the spacing in between each can be liken to each English letter of the alphabet when the kerning sky rockets. I think I'll go with this illustrative style because I'm addressing Chinese superstitions after all. It's still important to remain the authenticity of the topic even when my target audience is mainly the English speaking students because:
1. The package I'm designing serves as a form of education
2. Not having the Asian illustrative feel just proves even more that Chinese superstitions are officially lost
3. The message won't be properly conveyed because basically when you talk about Chinese superstitions, you have to bring in the Chinese aspect (duh~ lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment