Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The End

To sum up, this project has taught me a lot of about my own culture. I never knew such a silly topic like Superstition could be so interesting. Now that I know more of the superstitious practices that my grandparents/parents used to do, I might just join in for fun. Also, I've definitely grown more tolerant to these. Initially, I would mock and openly express my disdain when elders force me to (for example) turn on all the lights in the house during the first day of CNY. But now, I finally realise that it's an art to understand that superstition. It should be respected because it was more of way of life back then - it was a belief system and a form of security that the older generation puts their faith in. Thus, making it important in our history and culture.
Other than that, an essential lesson I've learnt is that initial plans always change. Right from the drawing board, designs evolve. Flexibility is key and without the willingness to constantly change your idea, your product will never improve. Although, changing ideas at too fast a rate might suggest a fickle-mind, at least it shows that one is open to exploring options and continually reinventing.
All in all, much wood was wasted during the course of this project (forgive me. I'm still quite traumatized @ the thought of the number of trees I cut down), but I'm glad we got to do something like this. I especially liked the time line given for this though. I prefer working on a big project over a span of weeks because it gives me more time to focus on the nitty-gritties. Yeap, till next time - Remember How to Be Superstitious!


No comments:

Post a Comment